Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello!

Hi there. My name is Danielle, and I'm a "twenty-something" living in Albany, NY. Over the past year or so since I've moved here, I've become very interested in trying to live healthily and more environmentally savvy. Though it is rarely cheap or easy (there is much more cooking involved), so far I've found it to be a very satisfying choice... my meals are much more interesting as well as healthier (I often use this as my excuse to exercise less), and overall, I've felt much better about my lifestyle. I've already changed quite a bit, from my breakfast food to the cat litter I use. However, I know that getting started is the hardest part. The "Natural Foods" section of the grocery store is expensive and overwhelming, which can easily become a deterrence, but I've found in my travels that there are many "hidden" treasures of homegrown natural goodness locally that make earth- and body-friendly choices cheaper and much more fun-- you just need to know where to look. So I'm here to share my adventures in local and "green" as I explore what the Capital Region (and beyond) has to offer. Along the way I may veer off the trail to share a recipe or mention an other-than-food discovery, but what's a good road trip if you don't stop to smell the flowers every so often?


No comments:

Post a Comment