Monday, June 21, 2010

Strawberries!

It's strawberry season!! It's actually been strawberry season for a while now; this is the end, sadly.  And I haven't even gone picking yet..

However, I got myself some local strawberries at the Honest Weight Co-Op today, and they're delicious.  There's something about fresh strawberries (like the real ones, not the supermarket ones).  They're tiny and weird-shaped, and bursting with sweetness. My goal is still to pick some berries before the season ends, around July 4th.  If you're interested in getting out there yourself (or if not this time around, then for one of the other fruit seasons), check out this website discovered by my friend, Andrea: Albany Kid.  It's pretty neat.  This should lead you right to the Pick-Your-Own-Fruit article and website, but be sure to explore the rest of the site: it has lots of information about fun, kid-friendly things to do around our area.  And get out there and pick some fruit while the pickin's good!

P.S. Right now in the co-op.. local strawberries, cherries, rhubarb, squash, and portobellos (from PA).

1 comment:

  1. I had strawberry sorbet today, does that count?

    ReplyDelete