Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jake Moon Cafe

It's Spring!


Thatcher Park Overlook

OK, the sun isn't exactly out, but it's been warm enough to leave your coat at home, and that's about as much as we can ask for in April.

This weekend was a beautiful one, so on Sunday (which actually started out sunny) I took a road trip out to Clarksville with Capitol to Capital for a brunch at Jake Moon Restaurant and Cafe followed by some outdoor time in Thatcher Park.

Jake Moon is a cutie little diner in the country.  The outside doesn't really reflect the inside or the food, because driving up, it didn't look like much.  Even the inside is simple, but it's decorated in that hippie eclectic way that hints that you should expect something a little different.

And the food.  The food was SO GOOD.



That's mine.  I got the Bennett Hill Scramble, which is three eggs scrambled with wild mushrooms, herbs, and gouda.  I will never eat another mushroom that isn't wild.

My friends got the S.O.S. and the Red Flannel Hash (check out the menu on their website).  All were very good.  The bread is baked right here, and they also have house apple butter and orange marmalade.



I've never had orange marmalade like this before.  Look at those orange slices.  I brought home my own jar, and A took home some apple butter.  If we had known it was only $4.50 I would have bought one of each myself.


Besides making their own bread and condiments, what's even cooler (and why I'm telling you about this place) is that this little cafe makes the attempt to include some local products on their menu, such as apple cider and milk from local farms.

Definitely take the trip out to Jake Moon yourself on the next nice day, and don't forget to stop at one of the many state parks while you're out there.  I forget that I'm so close to so much nature.  Hopefully by my next trip everything will be a little greener and a little more thawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment