Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back!

Sorry, it's been a while.  It's been a busy couple of weeks.



Last week was spring break, and I spent it in 3 different states!  The biggest chunk being in the Windy City.

Unfortunately, Chicago was cold, windy, and rainy.  I guess it gets it's rep for good reason.








I also can't say I did all that much that was green, and the most local I got was a deep dish pizza.















However, I did get my first experience in a Trader Joe's!  Flat Stanley and I were very excited.


From here we stocked our hotel room with some healthy, reasonably-priced snacks and... umm... refreshments...

Who doesn't chill wine in a garbage can?

We also ate some amaaaaazing food...I think because the weather is so crappy, and Chicagoans have nothing better to than eat out, they put great pride in their restaurants and bars.






So that's my excuse! I definitely lack a tan, but I ate and shopped myself silly, and had a wonderful spring break (minus the cold and rain and allergy attack).  Chicago really is a nice city, I just need to return someday in the summer.

And now that spring seems to have finally arrived in Upstate New York, I'll be back soon with something good.  Til then!



No comments:

Post a Comment