Monday, September 3, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

September is a wonderful and awkward time of year.


Apple season came early this year.  Go get 'em!

Technically, it's still summer.  We're wearing shorts and sundresses, and planning outdoor activities.  We're buying nectarines...


He really loves fresh produce.

and making fresh marinara.

Connecting with my inner Italian Grandma.

On the other hand, it's fall.  It's cool enough in the morning and evening to wear a jacket, and at the same farm that we bought the nectarines, we gobbled up fresh cider donuts.


The circle of life?

It's the overlap of summer and fall, and endings and beginnings are always bitter sweet.

This was one of the best summers I've had in years, and I'm sorry to say goodbye to it. I traveled and celebrated and cooked and drank and danced. I made new friends, and spent quality time with the old.  I tasted wine and collected sea shells. I swam in a lake and in the ocean.  I drove to another country. I made pickles.


Montreal, Quebec


Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY 



Making Dilly Beans!



I felt relaxed for the first time in a long time, and I'm anxious to get back to the grind.  But I'm also excited to start a new chapter as an 8th grade English teacher, and hopefully, further establish myself at my new school. I'm excited to make new friends, and try new things.  I'm excited for the learning and growing.


If this doesn't make you excited to read, I don't know what will.

Goodbye, Summer. Hello, Fall!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment