Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer's End

Oh, tomato season, must you end so soon?


It seems to have turned into fall overnight, and tomato season is nearing it's end.  Eat 'em while you can.

I found delicious tomatoes at Gade's Farm Market in Guilderland. I also bought Yummy Peppers (literally, that's what they're called). 

I attest that Yummy Peppers are, indeed, yummy.

All veggies on this pizza came from the farm.  I like pizza because you can put on whatever you can scrounge up, and it always tastes good.  I also bought mushrooms, but they didn't fit.


End of Summer Pizza

A large ripe tomato
1/2 red onion
3 Yummy peppers, or a bell pepper
fresh basil
1 clove garlic
olive oil
cheese (whatever you like-- this time I had some sharp provolone that I grated on top)
crust (I used a Pilsbury pizza crust, which was surprisingly delicious... and super quick on a school night)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and roll out the pizza dough on a greased pan.
2. Chop up all your veggies to desired size (I like things big and rustic, but feel free to dice).
3. Spread pizza crust with olive oil and chopped garlic.  I don't use sauce because I think the chopped tomato makes up for it.
4. Layer on your veggies.  Season with basil leaves and salt and pepper.  Sprinkle on cheese.
5. Bake for about 10 or 15 minutes (it's done when the crust edges get golden).

Let cool, and enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment