Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Love My Chips

I am a potato chip fiend.  I really will eat them whenever the opportunity arises.  I just love the salt and the crunch!  But then the guilt sets in, and I head out to an extra yoga class.



What's a girl to do?


My buddy Erin made me some kale chips for my birthday, and I've been meaning to try it myself ever since.  I'll warn you, they're not for everybody.  You really do have to like green things.


But to me, they have everything I want: crunch, salt, and 0 grams of guilt.


Kale is all over the farmers market right now.  I bought a bunch this weekend for $2.  It was more than enough for the recipe.

I followed this one from the Food Network.  After washing and drying the kale, I ripped the leaves off the stems, tossed them in olive oil, and laid them flat on a cookie sheet.  They baked at 300 for about 10 minutes.  They have to be in a single layer, so it took several batches. Don't try to do two batches at once!! Lesson learned.






They're fun to munch!  Strangely addicting.  Give it a try :)

Also check out the kale chips on Healthy Eating For Ordinary People for another take on the kale chips, and other yummy summer recipes.

4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty yummy. I've been trying to think of healthy things to bring to work to snack on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. instead of eating fatty chips & dip ....i've been leaning on pita chips from whole foods & dipping them in plain non-fat greek yogurt. sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I wish we had a Whole Foods..

    ReplyDelete