Tuesday, April 5, 2011

EW



See that beetle-shaped black smudge in my empty bowl?

It's a beetle.

It fell from my last bite of sauteed pre-washed spinach from a local supermarket.  Meaning, I probably ate the rest of the family without even knowing it.


Lessons:

Always re-wash your pre-washed.  (Mom, feel free to say, "I told you so.")

This is the extreme scenario proving why I like to make food from scratch myself.  It drives my point home: you can't trust or rely on processing in general.  Know your food, each step of the way. At least when I buy my spinach from the farmers market, there's no illusion: I know I have to wash it, so this doesn't happen.  When it says pre-washed, I want to believe them.  At least it was a beetle and not salmonella.


And I thought I didn't have anything to write about this week.
Maybe this extra protein will get me through yoga tonight...?

No comments:

Post a Comment